Health Ministry at St. John's
St. John the Baptist Church Health Resource Ministry welcomes new members
Health care professionals who are interested in joining our ministry should contact the rectory (716-873-1122) for more information!
The mission of the Health Resource Ministry at St. John the Baptist Parish is to:
- Assist the local faith community in their efforts to live full abundant lives.
- Respect the dignity and worth of each person.
- Enhance the individual’s capacity to assume responsibility for his/her own health.
Who are members of this ministry?
The Health Resource Ministry is comprised of volunteer nurses within the context of the faith community, this ministry gives witness to the healing mission of Jesus to individuals and the community.
Our goals are simple and include:
- Establish networks and relationships Provide information, education and resource materials.
- Promote holistic health through all phases of life.
- Express the compassion of Jesus to all persons.
Services of the Health Resource Ministry
- Provide health education
- Provide information on a variety of health-related topics
- Monthly Blood pressure screening
- Coordinate parish and community health resources
- Offers support group for Alzheimer's
Role of the Volunteer Parish Nurse
The parish nurse’s primary role is promoting prevention and wellness.
The parish nurse helps people understand that health care is an important part of the stewardship of one’s life. This is accomplished through educational programs, seminars, workshops, discussions and support groups.
NOTE: The volunteer nurses of the Health Resource Ministry do not replace health care services of physicians or your health care provider.